In today’s economic climate – the big black recession cloud is hanging over our heads. We all want to get the cheapest flights that we can find and save money whenever we can.
If you are left with no option but to book your flights at the very last minute, then these few tips might come in handy.
1. If at all possible, try and book your flights at least 3 months in advance. I know this isn’t very last minute, but it will definitely help you secure the cheapest seats on the plane. The reason why people end up booking at the last minute and paying top dollar is due to the procrastination of not doing so earlier.
2. Look for discounted flights on the actual websites of the airlines that fly to your destination. If you are patient and search thoroughly, then you may be rewarded with a little hidden gem of a ticket price.
3. Search for last minute dealsby clicking here. These service providers will be able to compare ticket prices for your destination against a huge range of airlines. Ebookers and gohop are two of the most widely used travel companies for sourcing cheap flights. Put in the time and you will find something that just might be easy on the pocket.
4. When you decide that you are going to go on vacation or a trip, you need to decide the dates. When you know this information, you need to sit down and search online for the cheapest tickets. As mentioned earlier, you should ideally do this about three months in advance as that’s when the tickets are the cheapest. When you find a suitably priced ticket – don’t say “I’ll book it tomorrow”. Do it NOW. Otherwise, you run the risk of the price going up overnight due to other people booking a seat on the same flight. Remember that as the plane gets booked up, the price of flights dramatically start to increase.
5. When you find your flight, make sure that you have a credit or debit card that has enough funds on it to cover the cost of the tickets. There’s nothing worse than realising you’ve not enough money to cover the cost, and then returning a few days later only to see the price has increased. This happens to many people, so make sure that it doesn’t happen to you.
Always be ready to book flights(if you need them). You never know when you’ll come across a cheap deal to somewhere that you’ve always wanted to go. Be ready, and be prepared – then you will save yourself a few dollars in the long run!