There is nothing like a getaway with friends. The chance to hit the open road, or travel to a fun city and make some memories that will last a lifetime, with some friends you will have just as long. And of all the places you could travel to, New York City will be sure to offer you some good memories, and great fun!
Arriving in New York
When you arrive in New York you will need to have someplace to stay for the few nights you are in town. With a group of friends sharing the cost, it is easy to afford a nice place where you can splurge, like the Affinia Dumont or the Oasis Day Spa:
- Studio, junior, one bedroom suites with full kitchens.
- As low as $295 a night for 4 adults.
Or perhaps check out The French Quarters Guest Apartments
- Travelers Choice 2013 Winner for Small Hotels.
- Centered right on Restaurant Row, but you’ll feel like you’re in New Orleans.
- $774 for a 2 bedroom suite apartment fully equipped.
Things to Do
Of course New York City is packed with things to do 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether it is Broadway shows, stand-up comedy, amazing museums, or just historical sites New York has it all!
· Accomplice- Described by their website as a “unique” experience that is “Part game. Part Theater. Part tour.” As the audience you will be sent out through NY in groups of ten, armed with clues for a mission and meeting up with mysterious cast members who will help you reveal a secret story plot.
· The Cloisters- Part of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, this museum and gardens is made up of 3,000 works of art from Medieval Europe dating back to 9th-16th Century.
· Style Room Shopping Tour- You travel through various fashion districts meeting designers face-to-face at their studios and showrooms where you can purchase items 50-80% off retail.
· Rent a car, grab the girls, and find parking near Radio City Music Hall for:
- Gabriel Iglesias.
- Sarah Brightman.
- Coheed and Cambria.
Places to Eat
With everything New York has to offer, the eating is one of the best things you will discover. A few suggestions for a girl’s weekend:
- French with modern Asian influences.
- $40-80 a plate.
- Offers a tasting menu, an a la carte menu, a 5 course lunch and 6 course dinner menus.
- Breakfast and brunch.
- Chocolate or cinnamon Brichoe; Bomboloncini; rustic fruit tarts.
- Everything is baked on-site and is fresh every day.
The Meatball Shop
- Open until 2 am weekdays, 4 am weekends.
- Everything from Jello shots and gourmet meatball sandwiches to risotto, and ice cream.
- $7 for a sandwich, $9 if you want a small side salad. Or you can get sides for $5 or less.
A girls weekend in New York City can be just about anything you want it to be. Take the time to find a few lesser known spots to hit, and enjoy the memories!